Did you know that there are buildings in Kings Norton and Yardley both called The Old Grammar School (no relation).

The Old School in Kings Norton is in the churchyard of St Nicholas's Church. The one in Yardley is close to St Edburgha's Church.

This post and all photography courtesy Elliott Brown. 

View more

The Old Grammar School Kings Norton

Old Grammar School, Kings Norton was probably built as a priest's house to St Nicholas's Church, and it dates to the early 15th century. The building was expanded in the early 16th century. Along with the Saracen's Head it won the BBC Restoration programme in 2004, and was restored and reopened by 2008.

Old Grammar School Kings Norton

Old Grammar School Kings Norton

Old Grammar School Kings Norton

Old Grammar School Kings Norton

 

The Old Grammar School Yardley

Known as The Trust School. There is evidence of a school in Yardley by 1260 AD. The Masters were Monks from Maxstoke Priory. The present building dates to around the 15th century. It was originally a guild hall. The school closed in 1908. Now used as Parish Rooms with a Youth Club upstairs and a lounge downstairs.

The Old Grammar School Yardley

The Old Grammar School Yardley

The Old Grammar School Yardley

The Old Grammar School Yardley

All photos by Elliott Brown